Thursday, November 5, 2009

Advisor meeting

Today was the day...The day you begin the stress of registering for classes! ahh! well its not that it is difficult its just stressful on the DAY OF registration because the fear you may not get into the classes you want. Usually you get up extremely early (registration is at 7 AM for me) wait by the computer and when it turns 7AM you IMMEDIATELY type in all your class numbers!

Its frantic!

Its crazy!

AH!

anyways, so my adviser is new this semester, but I absolutely love her. We went through all of the classes I have taken and then created a list of those that I need to take this coming semester.

Those classes are:
RDG 318- which is your beginning foundational reading class (basically a pre-requisite for all your fundamental education classes.)
SPE 31- Which is Intro to Special Education
BIO 100- A  4 credit hour class which is half lab half lecture/ a Biology for Teachers class
MTH 320- Math for Teachers: you learn all the fundamentals in how to teach math to children
then ENG 210- which is just English 2 which is a general education requirement.

My adviser also asked me about taking my CBASE (which I took, completed, and passed last semester). It is a basic exam (somewhat like the ACT) that all education majors must take. Its basically an overall look at how much you know. You must pass all sections of this test before you can move on into the upper level education classes. The great thing about this exam is that if you do not pass one section, then you only have to take that section again and not the entire test! YAY!

So November 16 is when the adventure of registering for classes begins for me so I'll keep ya updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment