Monday, November 2, 2009

So far...

So far this year has been amazing! I could not ask for better professors, and I definitely could not ask for a better practicum teacher (teacher whose classroom you go in and observe, help, etc. for some of your classes).  My professors are genuinely interested in your life and making you the best teacher that you can be.

Its nice to know that when you are walking into things that are completely new, that you have people around you that are there to catch you when you fall, or to even build a bridge so that you do not even fall into the muddy puddle to begin with!

I have been able to work with an amazing 1st grade teacher in my practicum classroom, who has allowed me to tutor children, teach review for quizzes, create classroom bulletin boards, and she talks to me about any problem, question, or uneasy feeling I may have. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to already get the experience in doing these activities this early in my college career. Even if you do not get the best practicum teacher in the world, you still have the opportunity to learn. Assess the situation, and learn and grow from watching and making mental notes of how you would do things differently. I walked into my ELE 302 class no having a clue how I was going to pick my practicum teacher (you are allowed to make suggestions as to who you want).  I knew from past experiences that I absolutely loved one of the schools in my area, so I wrote down the school and I have been very happy with the outcome ever sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment